Thursday, July 09, 2009

The beginning..

I haven't seen you in 9 hours.
Actually, 9 hours and 18 minutes.
It feels like forever. Doesn’t it feel like forever?
Yes…it’s crazy. When we’re apart the minutes feel like hours, but when we’re together the hours feel like...milliseconds.

He could hear her smiling through the telephone.

I may have to cancel tonight. I just found out I have to work late—big deadline tomorrow.
Is there anything I can help you with? I'm a good proofreader and I make pretty decent coffee.
Aww, no…it’s okay. You’d be bored out of your mind. But I will see you tomorrow, right?
Well, of course you'll see me tomorrow. You better see me tomorrow.

They missed each other. With the kind of missing familiar to the beginning of relationships.

As he sat on the couch late that evening, thinking about her and flipping aimlessly through channels, he heard a faint knock at the door. Opening it, he found her there, smiling.

I couldn't fall asleep without seeing you.

And that night they slept on his narrow sofa, his heavy arm wrapped around her waist, the television’s glow casting shadows on the walls.

(This was written by my friend Melia her blog is here)
Thank you Texas you are a great, loving & supportive friend!

No comments: